MEAN Stack – MongoDB Queries & AngularJS Scope – Day 15
The MEAN Challenge Continues!
This video is part of the 30 Day MEAN Stack Honolulu Challenge
In this video we’ll take a detailed look the query functionality used to return a list of customers from MongoDB to the Angular scope. We’ll also look at how to display the returned data on the List Customers Page.
We look at:
– The List Customers Page that was created from the Yeoman Generator
– The use of the data-ng-init directive
– The workings behind the find() function
– The working behind the Customers.query and how it maps up to search the MongoDB
– Following through the query function from the Angular controller and through to the router and the customer.server.controller
– The mongoose code that is used to query MongoDB to return a list of customers
– Finding query documentation on the MongoDB website
– Using the AngularJS Batarang Plugin to look at the Customer data on the List Customers Page
– The syntax used to display data from the Angular Customers scope on the List Customers Page
The functional design post mentioned in this video with the use case, storyboard and wireframes can be found here: Home Page Design.