MEAN Stack – Express.js & Client-side Assets – Day 29
The MEAN Challenge Continues!
This video is part of the 30 Day MEAN Stack Honolulu Challenge
In this video we’ll look at express.js, and how it hooks together the back-end of our MEAN app. We’ll also look at setting up client side CSS and JS assets for our app, both core and minified versions.
We look at:
– Expressjs.com documents and key pages to start with
– The different packages that make up the express portion of the MEAN Stack
– The Server.js file, and how it is used to connect off to a number of other files that run our app
– The Express.js file, and how different elements of the app files are loaded and used by Express.
– The environment files that are used to load CSS and JS assets for our app
– Loading core and minified files as assets for our app
– Loading assets and connecting to MongoDB in a production environment